Spray Tan After-Care Instruction
With moderate care, your tan should last between 7-10 days. This depends on your after-care, your activities and skin type, just like a natural tan.
- Rule # 1. Stay dry for 8 hours after your session. No sweating, no exercising, no showering, and absolutely no getting wet for for 8 hours after your tan (unless you get our Ultra Rapid Tan).
- Other Rule #1. NO MINERAL OIL in any products you use. It will strip your tan. Be sure that the first ingredient is water.
- Avoid anything that can exfoliate your skin such as long, hot baths, soaking in hot tubs, exposure to chlorinated water, hair removal products, acne products, masks and scrubs, skin renewing products or exfoliating gloves and sponges.
- Use only water-based shower gels after your tan, use hands to lather, no loofah/cloths, no exfoliating.
- Pat dry for the remainder of your tan. No rubbing.
- Moisturize at least once a day with a water-based moisturizer. Twice a day is better. We recommend Aveeno or Jergens. Make sure it is not oil-based.
- Swimming and/or the use of hot tubs/saunas is not recommended. Salt water is a natural exfoliate and Chlorine slowly fades your color.
- We sell a great tan extending lotion that will extend your tan up to 5 days!
- No shaving for at least 24 hours after your spray. If you need to shave, use a brand new razor with water-based lubricating product to reduce friction.
- All sunscreens must be water-based & OIL FREE to prevent streaking. We recommend Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Spray sunscreen.